7.09.2008

An Apron with Spin

I was a girly girl when I was little. Dress up, barbies and playing house were my daily activities. I was also an opinionated child, and from when the time I started talking, I was dressing myself. My favorite dress was black with giant multi colored polka dots (now I still have a certain love for polka dots, they are just so happy!) But more than the polka dots, I loved this dress because it had "spin." It was multiple tiers and when I spun around, the skirts would twirl out around me. Every dress that I wore had to have spin, otherwise there was no point. So, this last weekend Tiffany and I took a trip to Orlando to get new furniture and other accessories for the new apartment (we're moving in August), and we had a wonderful time shopping and just goofing off.


Well, I have lately been on the hunt for an apron and after much searching, discovered one at this lovely store, World Market. I LOVE this space. In high school I spent 4 weeks in Guatemala on a mission trip for my school (I went to a Christian Prep School, and yes, they let us take time off of school to take this trip!) Anyway, the inside reminds me of the Guatemalan market, bright colors and random things EVERYWHERE. And here is where I found the perfect apron. As soon as my roommate saw it, she said "You WOULD pick that" (no, she's not at all sarcastic). It is an apron, with a skirt that conveniently enough spins when I twirl, which I proceeded to do in the middle of the store.






The apron and World Market can be found here.

"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good." ~Edwin Denby

xoxo, Rachel

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Chickadee! What a nice blast from the past - my twirling girl in polka dots!! Now the polka dots are moving on to chairs!

Mimi said...

I love the new apron Rach...it is soooo you!!!