9.02.2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."
- Vince Lombardi

At one of his football games


Playing "charades" with me and Reid at my 6th birthday

After my 22nd birthday dinner

As a football coach, Dad has a Vince Lombardi quote for every occasion, something we find amusing as we ponder what "The Great Lombardi" would do. Our family has always been the most important thing to him, something that my brother and I saw and understood the magnitude of even when we were little. He was never too busy to play with us, to actually enjoy coming to countless concerts and award ceremonies. He once flew home mid business trip to attend my 4th grade chorus concert, just because I had a speaking part. And twelve years later I still remember how special that made me feel. Dad, I love what a good friend you have become to me, and I am so thankful for our daily conversations. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!

xoxo, Rachel

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday Dave!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you had a great one...

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday, Dave!!

Dave Compton said...

thanks for the post Rach. I always love what you write. Love ya!